Saturday 8 February 2014

Be My Valentine...

Thanks to the flu, I missed last week's post but hopefully I am back on track now.  With Valentine's Day just around the corner I wanted to share with you a card I made for my Dad to give to my Mum a couple of years ago.  Mum's not really the cute teddy bear type so here was my take on an elegant card for her.




The main heart image and text are stamps by Chocolate Baroque.  Knowing that (big shock) I would be painting it with H2Os, I knocked back the bling by using copper embossing powder, rather than gold.  Likewise, I chose a green  ribbon to complement the pinks and break them up a bit.  The flowers were made from Centura Pearl paper from Crafter's Companion



The box has a lovely green leafy pattern, to echo the ribbon.  The image is by Creative Expressions, painted to match the heart inside.  The alphabet stamps are by Banana Frog, sadly no longer trading, again in copper embossing powder.




Hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Day,

Mani x

8 comments:

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

This is beautiful xxx

JustJannetta said...

stunning as always Mani x

Sally said...

Beautiful. xxxx

Unknown said...

absolutely gorgeous xx

Birdy said...

Lovely Mani. x

butterfly dream cards said...

Absolutely amazing....but then your work is always super amazing....and i love the gothy stuff...

fiona xxx

Shairon said...

Great card and I especially love the flowers. Were they a die? x

Drusilla Designs said...

Shairon,

They are actually made from a stamp. I used a very pale ink and stamped on the back and then cut them out. But any 5 or six petal stamp or die will work, the more symmetrical the better

Mani x