Friday 18 April 2014

One Layer Birthday Card

Hello all,

Today's card was made this week for my bff's birthday.  I wanted to do a single layer card so this was created all directly onto the card, using masks.  This was actually the second attempt.  The first version was not embossed so the paint looked scrappy and the inking in the bottom panel was too dark and too dominant.  Well, we can't all get it right first time, eh?



I started with an A5 card blank and rounded the corners.  I then stamped the peacock (from Kanban) in Versamark and embossed it with Stamp N Stuff black embossing powder.  I stamped the image onto a post-it note, cut it out and lined it up over the image.  When cutting it out I was careful to cut just slightly into the black outline.  This meant that I did not get a white outline when inking.

Next I roughly tore a strip of copier paper and used that to mask off the top of the card. I then applied Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass with a little Peacock Feathers for definition, using Cut N Dry foam.  

Using the same ink (Tumbled Glass) I then randomly stamped the inked area with Falling Feathers stamp by Sheena Douglass.  

Once all the inking was dry, I stamped Happy Birthday from Stamps Away wordy sets.


I really wanted the amazing tail to be the focal point of the card so I decided that would be the only area I painted.  I used just 2 colours from the H20s range (I think Bronze Medallion and Autumn Skies but don't shoot me if I've got that wrong).  I used the paint very thick as the embossing would keep it under control for me and I wanted maximum mica.

Hope you like it,

Mani x

5 comments:

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Just gorgeous!!

barbara hardy said...

Absolutely stunning xx

butterfly dream cards said...

Fantastic but only what we expect from you......xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Mani, I love the peacock.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Aileen said...

Great card, the peacock is stunning and I like the blues xx