Saturday 18 January 2014

I demand a recount!

Well, this is the week I have been dreading.  My eldest daughter turns 18 on Wednesday! Obviously, there is something wrong with the maths here as no way am I old enough to have an 18 year old!  I shall just have to keep looking at the little one (soon to be 5) to feel younger :)

As I can't post a pic of her 18th Birthday card before she sees it, I shall post the second of the cards I made for her last milestone birthday, her 16th.  I made her two cards as one was for my Mum and Dad to give to her.

Jordanna loves Steampunk and Victoriana and, as I mentioned in the post with her last card, her 16th birthday present was a full Steampunk outfit.  So I kept her second card in this theme too.  It is another 8 x 8" square card.


  The main image is a digi stamp by Kenny K, coloured with Promarkers.  I cut her with a thin white border to make sure she popped from the background paper. 



I used number stamps from Crafters Companion.  However, the stamps were heavily patterned and the pattern didn't fit in with the style of this card.  So, I stamped them in a very, very pale ink, trying not to get too much of the middle transferred onto the card.  I then random stamped with various steampunk images, some plain ink, some embossed and making sure I went over the original lines to alter the original shape of the numbers.  Then I cut them out, inked them with some Distress Ink and matted them onto black card that I cut by eye.


Lastly, I used some Cosmic Shimmer gold pva to create some texture both on the numbers and on the background, to tie them together.  I cut some cogs with a die and kept them black as I didn't want them fighting with the main images.

Hope you like it and don't forget to leave a comment if you like it or want more info
Mani x

No comments: